This is a real heavyweight oak board with deep golden brown colour. We took the bark off this one to reveal the smooth natural edge.
We source the trees then mill them into long planks that are carefully dried, cut and sanded to produce a premium product. It’s a laborious, time-consuming process but our care and attention to detail is evident in our products.
Our special boards use a single, solid piece of wood unlike many boards that are made of smaller sections glued together. Almost all of our boards keep the natural live edge of the trunks they were cut from. A carved ‘bark’ texture to one edge is a feature unique to our boards!
- Sanded smooth and finished with chopping board oil to bring out the wonderful wood colours and grain patterns. The oil seals the surface of the board to repel water.
- The board is hot-branded on the back with our Jigsaw design brand for a high quality finish.
- Non-slip rubber feet are attached with stainless steel screws ensuring durability and years of service.
- Hand wash only with a damp cloth and mild washing up liquid and towel dry.
- Do not submerse or leave soaking in water.
- Do not put in a dishwasher as the heat and chemicals will may split or warp the board.
- Apply mineral oil or chopping board oil to maintain its appearance.